The Summer Programme on International Criminal Law and International Legal & Comparative Approaches to Counter-Terrorism is the product of a unique collaboration with the War Crimes Research Office of American University’s Washington College of Law, which gives the opportunity to students from top US law schools to travel to The Hague and follow this quality programme. In addition to the students from the US, the programme offers a limited number of places for other interested persons.
The summer programme consists of two parts:
- International Criminal Law which provides an overview of the fundamental features of international criminal justice and which explores the prosecution and adjudication of international crimes before the International Criminal Court (ICC), ad hoc tribunals, hybrid courts or national courts.
- International Legal & Comparative Approaches to Counter-Terrorism which explores the evolution of terrorism and counter-terrorism since 9/11, and how the criminal justice sector tackles terrorism from the international, regional and domestic perspective. It also elaborates on the growing problem of foreign terrorist fighters and human rights concerns in responding to that phenomenon.
The lectures are complemented with a number of study visits to various courts and organisations in The Hague.
- Location : T.M.C. Asser Instituut, The Hague
- Period : May 29 2017 - Jun 21 2017
- Level : Student
- Language :
- Price : € 1,400.00
- Deadline : Closed
- Theme : Law Peace & Justice / Security